Thursday, November 25, 2010

10 on Thanksgiving

1. I am thankful for Lydia. I never understood the love between a child and mother until her. I did not think there could be a more powerful connection than the one between yourself and your spouse. I could not have been more wrong.

2. I am thankful for how much Lydia is a daddy's girl. I am a daddy's girl and I am so happy that my daughter has such close relationship with her daddy!

3. I am thankful that Lydia not only looks exactly like her daddy she acts like her daddy too. She is creative, musical, loving, tenderhearted, and funny. She also gets her love of outdoors from him (not me).

4. I am thankful that some of me did sneak in there..I love that she loves to snuggle with me on the couch and watch TV. I don't care if we are rotting our brains.

5. I am thankful that, although frustrating at times, she is very verbal and strongminded. She is NOT easily swayed into doing something she does not want to do. My dream is that will turn her into a good leader at school and in life..not a follower.

6. I am thankful that she loves preschool and that she is doing great there. (or at least not bad enough that they ever call home..only one phone call and thankfully she was upset at the teacher not the kids)

7. I am thankful that Lydia seems to bring out the best in folks. I have seen family members do complete 180 degree personality changes since she has been in our lives. Especially with the men who have done diaper changes on her, played dress up, got makeovers..it is amazing.

8. I am thankful for everyone who has helped us with her. It really takes a village folks..

9. I am thankful that Lydia is excited to be a big sister. She already talks, sings, kisses, gives it a bath and puts lotion on it, hugs it goodbye when she is leaving and has already named the baby. She has done all this with absolutely no prompting from us. I know that this love seems to be one sided with her really wanting a baby sister named Ella...but I think things will be ok either way.

10. I am thankful that Lydia tests me everyday on being able to control my emotions by coming home singing "Frosty the Snowbutt" then when I don't laugh she follows that up with " You get it mom? you get it? Snowbutt? you get it?" Like I am just the idiot with no sense of humor, not a mom is who showing displeasure about her daughter singing about butts. Seriously folks..I don't know where she comes up with this stuff!

No comments: