Lydia had a little reaction from her shots this time. She was running a little fever and her leg was hurting. She laid down on the couch and her "little" buddy came by her comfort her. He was so cute because he never slept..just stayed beside her as she slept.
and yes he is HUGE. He is 10 pounds already and only about 8 months old. Thankfully, he is a gentle giant and came from a family that had two girls were played with kittens since there were born.
Lydia 3'4" for those of you trying to figure out how long he is.
Here was more pictures of our Christmas/Family/Lydia' 4 year old photo shoot..can you tell how much we like taking photos??? Mark actually does love taking candid photos of Lydia but under pressure, Lydia does not do so great and put her and Mark in a photo together ugh!
So I am lovin this new store in the Meadowbrook Mall called Crazy 8's. Lydia picked out this outfit on her own. She told me from the beginning that she wanted to wear a red sweater for her photos. I had just asked her what color sweater to kinda prompt her. And of course in true Lydia luck..she found a red sweater DRESS. She still asks every morning if she can wear a dress and tights with no holes (she hates leggings??? don't ask, I have NO idea why)
I cannot complain though, I wanted a girly girl to dress up and I got one. Now if she would grow some hair for me to play around with all will be right with the world.
Isn't this the sweetest picture? This dress is her annual gift from her Aunt Mary Gay and Uncle Frankie..but the awesome headband is from Crazy 8's again.
She is totally into watching Christmas movies. After years of watching Mickey Christmas she has moved on to Frosty Winter Wonderland (were Frosty gets married) and a ScoobyDoo DVD where there is three or four Christmas episodes on it.
Here are a few of the family outtakes..not the really funny ones..I am saving that for whole separate post. I like this one because it show all "four" of us. We have been slacking on the whole belly shot thing so it was nice to have one..too bad Mark is talking in it..He has a horrible habit of doing that..he thinks he is being sly and talking to Lydia out of the side of his mouth but you just goofy pictures.Plus Lydia is using my boobs as a chair but I still like it.
Can I say that Lydia picked out our outfits. She and I went shopping and I had two other sweaters picked out for Mark but she begged me to buy this one. Mark was very hesitant about the color and pouted for days when I showed it to him but I though it looked awesome on him. Then I wanted a different color sweater for myself but she kept telling me this one was beautiful so I went her gut. Honestly, she has never steered me wrong yet. She also helped with pants. Motherhood finally started carrying petite pants so I picked up a few pair. I have pants but I get tired of looking sloppy and having them drag the floor!Hi Hatten twins...who is that weird outcast sitting with the two of you...sigh..maybe I have some hope with number two. I know there are little things I can do that make her look a little more like me...like when I put her hair in pigtails or when she is giving dirty or evil looks at people..but seriously folks..my chin and lips gets lots in all that Hatten.
1. I am thankful for Lydia. I never understood the love between a child and mother until her. I did not think there could be a more powerful connection than the one between yourself and your spouse. I could not have been more wrong.
2. I am thankful for how much Lydia is a daddy's girl. I am a daddy's girl and I am so happy that my daughter has such close relationship with her daddy!
3. I am thankful that Lydia not only looks exactly like her daddy she acts like her daddy too. She is creative, musical, loving, tenderhearted, and funny. She also gets her love of outdoors from him (not me).
4. I am thankful that some of me did sneak in there..I love that she loves to snuggle with me on the couch and watch TV. I don't care if we are rotting our brains.
5. I am thankful that, although frustrating at times, she is very verbal and strongminded. She is NOT easily swayed into doing something she does not want to do. My dream is that will turn her into a good leader at school and in life..not a follower.
6. I am thankful that she loves preschool and that she is doing great there. (or at least not bad enough that they ever call home..only one phone call and thankfully she was upset at the teacher not the kids)
7. I am thankful that Lydia seems to bring out the best in folks. I have seen family members do complete 180 degree personality changes since she has been in our lives. Especially with the men who have done diaper changes on her, played dress up, got makeovers..it is amazing.
8. I am thankful for everyone who has helped us with her. It really takes a village folks..
9. I am thankful that Lydia is excited to be a big sister. She already talks, sings, kisses, gives it a bath and puts lotion on it, hugs it goodbye when she is leaving and has already named the baby. She has done all this with absolutely no prompting from us. I know that this love seems to be one sided with her really wanting a baby sister named Ella...but I think things will be ok either way.
10. I am thankful that Lydia tests me everyday on being able to control my emotions by coming home singing "Frosty the Snowbutt" then when I don't laugh she follows that up with " You get it mom? you get it? Snowbutt? you get it?" Like I am just the idiot with no sense of humor, not a mom is who showing displeasure about her daughter singing about butts. Seriously folks..I don't know where she comes up with this stuff!